The Best Rain Shower Heads are going to deliver high-quality, precision, and steady flow options, to help you destress after a tough day at work. Stainless-steel, handheld wands, a large size, allows you to set a soft trickle to mimic rainfall, are a few of the many settings you can choose from with the best rain shower heads available today.
You want to enjoy that spa-like feel each time you step foot into your shower. A rain shower head will deliver that trickling waterfall, high-pressure settings, and variable speed settings that you can set, for more intense, or serene settings. Whether it's been a long day at work and you need to relax this soothing waterfall will allow you to. Or if you're looking for a powerful jet-setting to help with tension that won't go away in your shoulders and neck, there's a rain shower head perfectly suited for your home.
Let's delve into some of the best systems available today. Whether you're on a budget, or just looking for high-end, quality, and multiple water pressure settings to relax, there are many great products for you to choose from. Here we'll cover a few of the very best for you.
What is a Rain Shower Head?
A rain shower head is known for its oversize head where the water flows from when you shower. It's also common for these heads to be at least 8 to 12-inches in size, and rectangular or square. Unlike a traditional shower head that will produce calm streams of water/spray, rain shower head mimics rainfall. It's meant to flow water down from atop your head, similar to how rain falls when you're outside and get stuck in a rainstorm (hence the name).
What else sets these shower heads apart? Some added features/characteristics of rain shower heads include
- They're often installed onto the ceiling in the bathroom
- The oversize design gives off a soothing ambiance
- They have different waterfall settings/speeds
- They feature adjustable pressure settings
Of course, all rain shower head is different, but these are some common characteristics many of the best product features.
Quick Look:Top 10 Best Rain Shower Heads
Top 10 Best Rain Shower Heads
Check The Details
Stainless Steel Hose
SparkPod Shower Head
12 Inches Square
SR Sun Rise
Brass, 304 Stainless steel
SR Sun Rise 12-Inch
304 Stainless Steel
Depras 16-Inch Square
304 Stainless Steel
Chrome Plated Premium ABS
Chrome Plated Premium ABS
Top 10 Best Rain Shower Head Reviews
Now that you have a clearer understanding of the design, usability, and overall appeal of the rain shower head, what's the best product for your home? Let's review several models when you're looking for the best rain shower head to install in your bathroom.
DreamSpa Ultra-Luxury 9'' Rainfall Shower Head
The DreamSpa luxury 9-inch square shower head features a combo system, with a wall-mounted shower and a handheld system. With push-button control, users can easily change water pressure settings and water flow direction, for an enticing shower experience. There's no dial to turn, just grab the handheld system, to control the water flow and direction for the spa-like retreat you're looking for in your own home.
This shower head features an extra-large head is 9 inches and offers shoulder-to-shoulder water coverage. The rub-clean jets reduce buildup, and make it easy to keep your shower head clean; there's an adjustable, ball-joint instrument, that warrants a leak-free shower and allows you to quickly change the direction from which water flows from above head.
- Extra-Large 9-inch face to cover the flow of water from shoulder to shoulder
- Rub-clean jets for easy cleaning.
- Adjustable brass ball joint nut for a reliable and leak-free connection
- High fashion design
- Premium chrome finish
- Revolutionary one-hand flow control lets you hold your hand shower and change flow settings with one hand
- Patented bidirectional water detector with upper support adjustable in inclination
- Super flexible stainless steel shower hose with conical brass nuts for easy manual tightening and reliable, leak-free connection
Tips: Cleaning jets reduce build-up and make it easier to clean the showerhead.
SparkPod Shower Head
For under $30, can you buy a luxurious, rain shower head? Yes! This system is round, wall-mounted design featuring jet-out, high-pressure settings of hot water. Your entire body is quickly doused under a hot mist, for ultimate relaxation, and help you alleviate stress, strain, and tension after a long day at work. Easy, the tool-free installation makes it quick for you to mount your new shower head in a matter of minutes, and you receive a bonus (free) Teflon tape water filter, to help to fit the new shower head into your bathroom.
- High-pressure rainfall showerhead
- Tool-free installation
- Easy removable water restrictor
- Automatic cleaning nozzles
- Energy-saving: each SparkPod electric shower cable has a maximum flow of 2.5 liters per minute (GPM). This will enable you to save on your water heater bill
- Elegant chrome finish
- 90 individual heads
- Universal connector
- Operates at 2.5 gallons per minute
- Six-inch wide head
Tips: Self-cleaning nozzles provide reduced maintenance and easy maintenance with this shower system
Signature Hardware 214373 12'' Rain Shower Head
A third option in the list of the best rain shower heads is the Signature Hardware 12'' system. It's available in both chrome and rubbed bronzer if you prefer a high-end, quality look in their bathroom. It's constructed of brass, meaning the showerhead is durable and isn't going to crack under pressure. It's a single-function showerhead, with an above-head installation system, allowing you to take in a calming, low-pressure shower, at the end of a hard day.
Tips: it is made of brass, which means that the shower is durable and does not break under pressure.
12 Inches Square Rain Shower Head
Large, sturdy, and impactful, doesn't necessarily mean overly priced. With this 12-inch square, rain shower head system, you get full control of your experience, including every aspect down to the directional tilt of the above-head shower system and water flow/pressure settings. The stainless-steel, the 304-chrome is plated, so it doesn't stand up and a non-coated shower head. But, for the price, you really can't ask for much better quality and control than this system delivers.
- Chrome-plated 304 stainless steel finish
- Adjustable extension arm 11'' shower arm
- High Water Pressure
- Polished chrome finish.
- 12 cm square shower
Tips: The large 12-inch stainless steel system provides complete coverage of the body covering in the bathroom
SR Sun Rise SRSH-F5043 Shower Head
If you are looking for the best rain shower heads, look no further. Although this model comes in at a higher price, at just under $200, the quality is better than some other models we've highlighted here. You can instantly spot the difference in design, quality, and construction. This showerhead system is heavy, includes a lifetime warranty, and 5-year coverage on certain replacement parts if they fail. With extended coverage, you know you're getting the very best quality and construction.
- It includes a 10 inches 304 stainless steel rain shower and a 15.7 inches (40cm) concrete metal shower arm;
- Covered installation of the brass shower support and the shower mixer to balance the pressure in solid brass (contains the trim and rough-in valve)
- L type wool hand shower with 304 stainless steel shower hose.
- The ten-layer chrome finish offers an elegant appearance, which guarantees corrosion resistance and durability
- The pressure balance valve cartridge checks the water pressure balance, helping you to protect yourself from burns from sudden changes in cold or hot water pressure.
Tips: Ten-layer chrome stops corrosion resistance and ensures durability for years to come
SR Sun Rise 12-Inch Rain Shower Head
For those who are looking for a more affordable variety from SR Sun Rise, this 12-inch shower head a great price at just under $55. There is a 10-inch and 12-inch square size is available, and it also uses a standard G 1/2 thread shower head, so it's quick and easy installation after purchase. The easy wall-mount system allows you to place it in the wall on the shower head without tools to get the job done.
- Standard G1/2" thread Connection.
- Air energy technology provides abundant and constant rain, even at low water pressure
- The brushed finish in high quality 304 stainless steel offers an elegant appearance which guarantees corrosion resistance and durability;
- Silicone gel nozzles to avoid lime build-up, dirt is easily removed from the silicone nozzles
- The high-quality 30-inch high-quality stainless steel shower provides a very comfortable bathing experience
Tips: silicone gel nozzles help prevent build-up and tartar and make it easier to brush the showerhead with your fingers
Depras 16-Inch Square Rain Shower Head
The Depras 16-inch showerhead features full-body coverage and has a total of 324 soft silicone gel nozzles helping prevent lime buildup. It resists oxidation due to air-flow technologies, and the ceiling-mounted shower head is quick and easy to install, in under 10 minutes, without requiring tools for you to install it into the bathroom.
- 324 soft silicone nozzles prevent lime build-up, resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Standard 1/2'' wires, easy to install on the wall or ceiling mounted shower arm without tools
- 304 stainless steel rain shower (brushed nickel finish), corrosion-resistant and durable. The ultra-slim design of just 0.078" updates and modernizes your bathroom.
- AirPower technology provides a constant rain shower, even at low water pressure, like a complete and dynamic skin massage.
- Rainshower, five additional replaceable nozzles
Tips: Air technology provides high water pressure and constant power, even at the lowest settings
PurrfectZone Shower Faucets Sets
This 12-inch square rain shower system is one of the best rain shower heads available at a higher price, coming in just under $200. The beautiful luxury shower features a stainless-steel and chrome-plated design, help prevent rust damage and corrosion in your bathroom. The mixing valve is quick and easy to install, and the showerhead drops warm droplets, for a luxurious, spa-like retreat directly from the comfort of your own home.
- High Pressure
- Innovative structural design keeps the bidet hose free of kinks.
- Bidet spray connection adjustment - Bidet hose connectors have standard 1/2" US threads and fit 99.9% of bidet sprays/layers
- Standard tube length: 48 inches, perfect length for the replacement tube
- The fixture is made of brass with 10-layer chrome
Tips: The 12-inch square head provides shoulder-to-shoulder coverage, helping you relax in the shower at all water pressure settings
AquaDance 7'' Premium High-Pressure Rain Shower Head
This 7-inch showerhead features a three-way rainfall combo including both a fixed shower system and a handheld system, for the ultimate in luxury and relaxation. There are six settings you can choose from on the handheld system, which features chrome, which is similar to the wall-mounted showerhead.
- Shower can be used together or separately to choose from 30 configurations (18 combined and12 full water settings)
- Large 7-inch shower with 6-inch chrome surface and 4-inch hand shower with 6-inch chrome surface
- 6 complete settings: rain/mist, rain/massage, power mist, pulsating massage, pause mode water-saving, Power rain
- Rub-Clean jets with 3-zone lever selector
- Trusted 3-mode water detector with anti-tip locking nut
- Upper support adjustable in inclination
- 5 m super flexible stainless steel hose with brass nuts for manual tightening
- Teflon tape
- Easy installation
Tips: Cleaning jets prevent lime and calcium build-up and make it easier to maintain the handheld and fixed water heads
DreamSpa 3-Way 8-Setting Rainfall Shower Head
A final option when comparing the best rainfall shower head is the DreamSpa 3-way, 8-setting rainfall system. This shower system features a handheld and fixed, wall-mounted round shower head, which is plated in chrome for great quality and detail. There are seven settings on the handheld system including pulsating, hydro-mist, rain, power, mist, massage, and power savings.
- 7-inch chrome shower head
- 4-inch high power chrome shower with seven settings, including heavy rain break, pulsating massage, hydro-mist, ecological rain, rain/mist, rain/massage, and water-saving mode
- 3 click zones Lever selector with cleaning jets
- Patented three-way water detector with anti-lock nut
- Upper support adjustable in inclination
- 60 inches (5 feet) high flexibility stainless steel shower hose with two solid brass conical nuts for easy tightening
- Installation without tools. Connects in minutes to any standard shower arm without tools
Tips: The 4-inch chrome quality design guarantee an even, balanced water pressure.
What is The Rain Shower Head Available Today?
So, which showerhead should you buy when shopping for the best rain shower heads today? If you're looking for the best quality, no matter how much you have to spend, the is a great buy! It features a lifetime warranty that ensures quality construction.
The shower system features both a handheld and overhead rainfall, and fully adjustable water pressure settings. The 12-inch surface, chrome material, and stainless-steel body are well-made in a highly competitive industry/niche. The shower hose is stainless-steel, which sets it apart from other products, which feature a plastic hose.
The main issue we see is the price and some customers complain that the shower continues to leak after shutting it off. Apart from that, no major drawbacks were noted.
A second great buy for those who are on a budget is the SparkPod Shower Head. Coming in at about $30, you really can't find many systems that are priced more competitively. This shower system delivers full-body coverage, tool-free installation, self-cleaning nozzles, and a 30-day money-back promise. It features 1/2-thread installation systems, so you can easily fit in with general plumbing systems you already have installed in the home.
A major disadvantage people discuss with this system was the low-quality aluminum and it's plated, rather than made entirely of stainless steel. But, for the price, and money-back guarantee, consumers really can't be the quality or design of this shower system when shopping for a rain shower for your bathrooms.
Things to Consider Before Choosing the Best Rain Shower Heads:
When shopping for a new shower, and looking for the best rain shower heads, what should you look for? There are several factors you'll want to think about before you purchase. Some important things you need to look into include-
- The plumbing and if you need to improve or downgrade plumbing before installing a new rainfall shower
- The size of the head and number of nozzles
- Whether it's rust and corrosion resistant, and if you can clean the nozzles by hand (prevent lime and calcium buildup in the shower)
- The materials; when possible, choose all-stainless-steel construction and brass
- The size of the spray
- Whether you want something with a handheld shower and fixed system (or one or the other)
- How many settings you can choose from when you shower
- How balanced the water flow/drop is
- If you have a warranty/full coverage
You need to make sure you know what you're purchasing for your bathroom. Ultimately, quality and precision should be more important than a lower price tag. But, you're going to compare the prices of the best rainfall showers. These are some important characteristics you need to weigh when you're shopping for your new rain shower.
How to Use Rain Shower Head?
How do you use the rain shower after installing it in your bathroom, and is it the right system for your bathroom in the first place? When you're deciding on a new shower, a rainfall shower is a great option if you're looking for calming, and full pressure control settings. There are a few products you could buy including
- Handheld (and wall, overhead, or ceiling mount)
- Ceiling mounted
Depending on which of these you choose to buy, how you'll use them will vary. An overhead system allows you to maintain full shoulder-to-shoulder coverage. You control the water pressure and temperature. Furthermore, you can control the amount and flow pressure with these showers. A wall-mounted system may not allow many variations in pressure settings. Since the water's coming directly from the source, it's more powerful than an overhead shower.
You have the combination variety. These are wall, ceiling, or overhead, with the addition of a handheld system. These will allow you to use both the handheld and fixed system together; but, you may not have full functionality of the handheld wand when using both simultaneously. Most handheld wands will feature anywhere from 3 to 10 different power and water direction/flow settings. Depending on the type of water simulation you desire, you can adapt to suit your needs.
There's no guesswork about how you'll use your new shower. It's more of determining which model is best for your bathroom, based upon the water pressure, control, tilt/direction, and heat settings you want control of when you're bathing. An overhead system affords you the most control, but they're the most expensive.
Factors To Consider Before Choosing The Best Rain Shower Head
The most common rain showers are plastic, metal, or plastic with a kind of metallic finish. Metals last longer than plastic, even if they are a little more expensive.
When your shower head posses a large dimension, the sensation of bathing in the rain is brought to a better and higher level. However, the bath must have higher water pressure to maintain the flow. So, if you have water pressure problems, it is better to choose the smaller one, which is also good.
Showerheads often get clogged, especially when hard water passes through them, and it is hygienic to clean them. But how much effort and time do you think it will take if you have to clean all the rain shower heads? To be frank, a lot of your time will be spent. Self-cleaning nozzles make the hygiene process easy and effortless.
Easy To Install
Of course, some rain showers are quite easy to install, as some require advanced hydraulic skills. We thought about it during our selection.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs):
What else should you weigh when deciding which new shower to purchase? If you're looking for the best rain shower head, these are some questions/answers you need to think about when shopping.
Q: Will these showers work in a regular 45-degree shower arm?
A: Yes and no; you can spray water and it's a spectacular improvement from traditional systems. However, if the shower isn't angled properly (if 45-degrees isn't enough) this will result in lower water pressure and poor performance issues over time.
Q: How easy is it to replace a new shower arm?
A: In most cases, it's fairly simple. The 1/2-thread is universal with the most ceiling and wall-mount rainfall showers. If your home's plumbing is current, it's possible you won't have to do much work to install the new system.
Q: What if I don't have enough height for a ceiling shower system?
A: You can look for an S-shaped shower arm or other design, which is suited to the shower you want to buy. This will allow you to modify the direction/distance from the walls and ceilings, giving you more control while you shower.
Q: How do I find the best shower for me?
A: You'll need to think about several variables; some things to focus on are
- Water pressure
- Heat/temperature control
- Whether you want a wall or ceiling-mounted system
- Your budget
- Spray designs and settings, and so forth
No single system is perfect for every home; these are some characteristics you'll weigh when trying to find the right shower for your bathroom.
Q: What are the benefits of a rainfall shower?
A: There are several. They emphasize greater style than traditional showers, you get a relaxing, gentle shower experience, and you're in full control of pressure and temperature settings. Additionally, there are several surfaces to choose from, materials, and elegant upgrades you can choose from, which set these systems apart from traditional showerheads.
What Consumers Should Understand About the Best Rain Shower Head?
It's important to understand no two showers are the same. Even if you're comparing two overhead models, there are different characteristics to look for. When the time comes to buy a new shower you'll want to
- Consider the design and materials
- Weight, water pressure settings, and usability
- Additional features
- Your budget
- Whether you want a hand wand and a fixed system
- How much plumbing work is necessary for installation?
And, other aspects which are important to you, should be considered when deciding on the right new shower for your bathroom. Every homeowner will choose something different. These are some of the many important questions to ask, and relevant characteristics to weigh, when you're trying to find the rain shower head for your home.
What's the Best Shower Head for your Bathroom?
Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference! If you prefer lower pressure and trickling waterfalls, an overhead shower is the best option. If instead, you want more water pressure, heavier streams/flow, and control of temperatures, a wall-mounted system with a handheld wand, might be the top choice for your bathroom.
No matter what you choose, it's important to compare several rain shower heads before investing in one. These are some of the best systems available today, for a fair price, which features traditional pipes for your home. No matter what characteristics are most important for you, these 10 showers deliver on different fronts and will help instantly improve the aesthetic appeal of your bathroom and the spa-like retreat feel you're going for in the space.
All the best rain shower head in the guide above are functional and of high quality; we guarantee they will subserve you for a long time. To make sure you don't buy something that won't help you, choose one of the products above, and you won't be disappointed.