The world of sleep will not be where it is today without the development of mattresses and sofa inners. Exploring how memory foam sleeper sofa came to be through the history and development of memory foam. There are still so many aspects misunderstood about memory foam products and frequently asked questions that are answered in this article.
A good night sleep is dependent on many aspects which a sleeper sofa can accommodate for. When looking at benefits and disadvantages there are also things to keep in mind when purchasing a memory sleeper sofa such as physical needs, budgeting, and the sizing thereof.
Is There Such a Thing as a Comfortable Memory Foam Sleeper Sofa?
Having guests over and having to offer them a sleeping space on an uncomfortable sleeper sofa is an embracing moment. Imagine you can tell them it is a sleeper sofa and that they can have the best night sleep. It’s also a comfy seat to snuggle up on during a movie.
Speaking of movies there are so many options in sizes and types of memory sleeper sofas to accommodate your needs, be it for an apartment or a movie room.
In this article, we will explore the world of sleeper sofas. What it is, the types you get, where to get them, the benefits, the disadvantages, and why it is therapeutic. Memory foam was introduced in the market in 2011, initially developed for astronauts.
Memory foam consists of a gel providing extra support, making it one of the most comfortable sleeping platforms available, whether it be a pillow or a bed. There are many advantages and disadvantages to memory foam products as well as therapeutic aspects. But the question we will look into is, is there such a thing as a comfortable sleeper sofa, even if memory foam is so highly praised independently.
Therefore looking into the memory foam to determine if your sleeping needs on the sleeper sofa is met. There are frequent questions asked due to the limited information regarding memory foam products, and we are here to answer some of them. Memory foam has only been around for 19 years, so statistics and facts are hard to come by, so here they are.
There are Three Types of Memory Foam.
traditional Memory Foam
The most common and most popular type of memory foam is Traditional memory foam. The foam reduces the number of times you turn more than any other kind of mattress or sofa inners. This memory foam is the most durable of all mattresses. The mattress needs a 1 1/2 indent to be considered defective.
Air-cool Memory foam
The air-cool memory foam, also known as NXG Foam, is starting to gain traction in its popularity. This foam can last up to 25 years. This memory foam allows for better airflow, reducing the amount of heat it absorbs
Gel memory foam
Gel memory foam is the latest one on the market. As the other types do, it forms well the shape and reducing pains amongst other benefits. What makes this gel memory foam one different is that it retains less heat due to the gel-infused into the foam.
Benefits and Disadvantages
To know whether a memory foam sleeper coach is comfortable and beneficial, one has to look at the advantages and disadvantages. Memory foam provides multiple elements to consider in both positive and negative light.
Each person perception of comfort is different; having a look at these will help you decide whether these sofas are your type of comfort. Throughout the years some amount of research has been done on how memory foam products such as a sleeper sofa can benefits the user regardless of who is using it.
Benefits include the following:
- The foam uses your heat and body pressure to form to your exact shape. It is your body heat that softens the foam.
- Relieves body pain, this is because the foam eliminates any pressure you may have while sleeping.
- Perfect for allergies, due to memory foam being made from a very dense structure it reduces the chances of little things getting in there such as dust and bed bugs.
- The mattress does not have to be turned.
Disadvantages include the following:
- The dense material also results in the foam being heavy.
- The foam retains body heat, although this helps with shaping the foam to your specific shape, it can even heat you. That could be a perk in winter.
- The foam is not waterproof if the foam gets wet; it can speed up the deterioration of the foam.
- Timing is a bit off; the foam takes a bit of time to readjust to new positions.
- The foam can build up an odor.
- Any memory foam products can be pricy.
Other than the advantages and disadvantages of memory foam, there are also health benefits and therapeutic benefits to be considered. This is vital when you want to ensure a good nights sleep, especially if you suffer from pains, incorrect posture, neck pain, fibromyalgia, and arthritis.
Through their own experience and hearing from other individuals who already use memory foam in their daily lives, it is reported that there are benefits and what has been reviewed match up very well with the lists provided below.
- Memory foam helps with back pain
- Provides an individualized sleeping experience
- There are different options in how firm the foam can be.
- Provides support and comfort
- Great for heavy sleeper
- Provides a good night sleep improving energy levels.
- Relieves pains helping the body recover faster
- Prevents back problems.
- Improves posture.
- improves neck pain
- Great for fibromyalgia
- Helps with arthritis
Q & A
What does memory foam density refer to, and how do you compare the different types?
A: Density refers to how much the foam weighs. To simplify, the higher the number presented, the denser the foam is and is measured in Ib. Measuring the amount of pressure the foam can handle is done in ILD or IFD metrics.
What is memory foam made from?
A: Memory foam comprises of multiple layers of foam, and only the top layer is made of memory foam. The core foam is what provides support.
Why is it called memory foam
A: The foam is called memory foam because it retakes the shape it was initially after pressure is lifted like it has a memory of its own
How much is memory foam?
A: Prices of memory foam ranges; however, on Amazon, the prices range from $200 to $2500 give or take.
Can memory foam handle weight more than 250 Ibs?
A: It all depends on the density of the foam. Thus it is vital to make sure that the thickness can support the weight.
How do I go about comparing memory foam, regardless of searching online and offline?
A: In short, you need to decide on what your goal is with purchasing your memory foam product, in this case, a memory foam sleeper couch is the best way to get results on memory foam products via word of mouth. Ask friends and family who have purchased such products.
Search for online reviews and do some research on different products and what they provide. Have a look at the next topic which highlights various aspects to consider when looking at purchasing a memory foam sofa.
Keep this in mind when choosing a memory foam product, or in this case, a memory foam sleeper couch.
- Choose which one of the three types of memory foam best suits your needs.
- Compare the density, do you want a high, medium or low density.
- Determine the thickness you want; this ranges from 6 inches to 14 inches.
- Remember your couch size! Although there is a standard bed size, these can differ.
- Check the foundation. You need to make sure the base can hold all the weight as memory foam is dense.
- Budget, prices range, so it is essential to make sure you budget compliments your foam needs.
- How often can you clean the foam? Check how comfortable the foam is to clean before you purchase it.
To conclude, the sleeper sofa does have comfort benefits but also comes with a range of other benefits that range from sleeping positions, pains, and health benefits. There are still many aspects misunderstood about memory foam and its benefits as well as the disadvantages.
There are many memory foam sleeper sofa to choose from with great reported results and different price ranges to suit your budget. Choosing the right memory foam sleeper coach is vital to ensure you don’t waste your money as well as getting the best night’s sleep or when you are taking a late afternoon nap.
Reviews elaborate on how much the individuals sleep and daily life has improved due to better sleep and bodily support that eliminates issues such as neck pain or if you struggle with a bit of snoring.