Many car owners dream of buying a pressure washer. They know how important it is to keep the car clean. Thus, you can wash your car and not spend money on visiting a car wash. By using a high-pressure washer, you will be able to maintain the cleanliness of the car.
A high-pressure washer simplifies and speeds up the car wash process and makes it more efficient. It will easily remove dirt inside the arches, on the lower part of the thresholds, and the bottoms, which is problematic to do manually. You will spend less water to wash the car.
But the main problem people do face is how to use a pressure washer. A pressure washer is connected to a water source through a regular hose. A powerful motor uses a pump and atomizes it through a special nozzle with high pressure.
A similar technique has won millions of fans around the world. Over the years, the pressure washer has not disappointed the users. They serve washing properly and reliably. But for the unit not to let you down at the most inopportune moment, the correct operation of high-pressure washers is essential. There are many advantages of pressure washers, among them:
• Save water consumption and time;
• Are multifunctional
• Less traumatic for car surface
How To Use a Pressure Washer To Clean The Car
• Before washing the car, make sure that all the windows are closed
• Cleaning with water under pressure is carried out in the same manner as when using a hose and washing sponges and mittens, from top to bottom.
• Initially, pulling the trigger of the spray gun can produce a stream of water with excessive pressure. For this reason, the first time you pull the trigger, you need to direct the spray nozzle away from the car. A sharp stream with high pressure can damage the paint or the headlights.
• Foam is recommended to be applied on a dry surface. A wet surface will dilute the foam and reduce its effectiveness. Therefore, if the car is not very dirty, apply the foam immediately. However, if the dirt is a lot, it is best to rinse the car first.
• You need to start the work at least 50cm distance from the surface and bring it closer not more than 15-30 cm, at an angle of 25-45 degrees, so that the dirt does not act on the paintwork.
• After the car is free from major contaminants, apply a detergent. When ding this, ensure you use a special foam nozzle. Use only a special product approved for use by a pressure washer. On vertical surfaces, apply foam from bottom to top.
• Wait for a few minutes for the foam to work correctly. Then after 35 minutes, rinse off the foam. Keep a distance of at least 30 cm.
• Depending on the degree of dirt on your car, applying and rinsing off the foam is ideal, and further manual washing may be necessary with a special microfiber glove or sponge.
• A special brush can be used to clean the machine, which is attached to the spray gun. If you use the same brush for the wheels and body, wash the wheels last so that the abrasive from the pads or small pebble does not get on the body.
• A lot of dirt and salt stick to the bottom, so do not forget to wash it. Use for this a special peak spraying at an angle. When using the nozzle for washing the bottom, always rest it on the floor to avoid its rotation.
• The last rinse can be done by completely removing the pressure nozzle.
Components of a Pressure Washer
The main component of the pressure washer is the engine, which creates the necessary pressure of water. A pump or motor is suitable; the motor is built into the washer body and must be connected to a power source.
For the pressure washer, choose durable material, thick plastic, or metal. Even if you purchase a wear-resistant housing, it is best not to use the machine for more than three hours in a row. This will disable the wash soon.
Hose nozzles are available to facilitate the cleaning process – brushes of various stiffness, soft rollers, and also standard sprayers. If you purchase a pair of nozzles, you will be expanding the functions of your pressure washer.
The Use of a Pressure Washer
Today, the use of this device is very wide. They are used not only for cars but also for facades, courtyards, workshops, as well as for cleaning sewers. In each of these cases, a specific nozzle is used.
The machine can wash away even ingrained dirt. The apparatus consists of an engine, a pump, a housing, as well as a hose, a cable for connecting, a nozzle, and an automatic machine, which can prevent overheating of the engine.
In order for the washer to last for many years, it is necessary to observe the points of careful operation;
• The amount of water should be estimated. Its level corresponds to the consumed volume, which makes it possible to protect the pump.
• Monitor the quality of the water used, use filters.
• Perform preventive maintenance and examinations regularly.
• Change the oil on time.
• Be careful not to bend or squeeze the hose.
• After use, always pour out the water. This is important to consider if the sink was used in cold weather.
• The device has high pressure, so washing is done carefully. Otherwise, the vehicle will get scratches and dents.
• If you need to leave, turn off the device.
Features of High-Pressure Washers
Much depends on what type of device you purchased. With the contact type of washing, the distance should be 10 cm from the body. If it is a non-contact method, then a greater distance should be maintained. When the wash is operating correctly, stains and inefficient washing can be avoided.
Do not turn on the device without water for a long time. The permissible limit is 2 minutes. Detergent is poured into such units by anyone. If you take breaks, the gun lever must be released and securely locked.
Before starting up the sink for the first time, read the instructions, only then start work. This will help increase the life of the car, and you can enjoy easy operation and pleasant work with such sinks. The hose should not collapse quickly. It is necessary to control its tightness, as well as the integrity of all nodes.
If you do not have a cold water supply system and you are using a storage tank, you must install it above the washing level so that water flows into the hose by gravity, while the formation of air jams is unacceptable. If the rules are violated, the sink can quickly become unusable.
Principle of Operation of a High-Pressure Washer
Thanks to devices operating at high pressure in the range of 120-150 bars, dirt can be removed from almost any surface. It should be prepared for the fact that a small layer of dirt will remain after such processing.
Any washing must have a device that regulates the nozzle. When adjusting the position of the nozzle, you can change the pressure or the shape of the jet. The nozzle can be equipped with foam generators and additional mud cutters.
If you wish, you can construct a do-it-yourself sink that can be fed not only directly from the water supply, but also a special tank – for example, barrels of water. To improve the pressure in the sink, you can put the barrel on a slight elevation.
In the event of a power outage or the use of a sink away from outlets, you can equip the device not only with a water tank but also with a powerful battery. The undoubted advantage of sinks of this plan is a large saving of water, unlike manual washing.
Common Operational Errors
Often users make mistakes that can lead to your washer being destroyed. These errors need to be addressed so that care is taken. Errors include:
• The use of low-quality or clogged water;
• Lack of special filters;
• Refusal to check the device, which should be carried out monthly;
• An untimely oil change can lead to wear of parts and engine damage;
• Frequent and prolonged work with the dry apparatus;
• Using too hot water in the sink (more than +50 degrees), which leads to damage to the seals and rings used for sealing, as well as to the breakdown of the pump;
• Failure to rinse the washer after using shampoo;
• The device is left with water in a room that is not heated at sub-zero temperatures.
Always observe safety measures, and do not direct a stream of water at glasses or mirrors. Keep the device out of the reach of children. If the equipment breaks down, do not repair it yourself, resort to the help of professionals. The masters will carry out the diagnostics of the device and the necessary preventive measures. This will allow the equipment to operate for many years.
The pressure washer is simpler than you imagine when you hear its name. This is a water pump that is powered by an electric motor. The machine takes water from a conventional tap, the pump accelerates the water under high pressure and then injects it from the hose at speed through the handgun. You can fit various
accessories to the end of the hose to clean various things.
Today, you no longer need the energy and time to deal with dried up dirt and dust that has clogged into secluded corners of your car, because there is a pressure washer for cleaning the vehicle.
These devices are used to clean not only cars but also windows, walls, and doors of houses, barbecues, and other items that are difficult to clean with a rag or brush.
A strong water pressure copes with this task much more efficiently and saves money spent on washing a car in service, while water consumption is also minimal. Therefore, having such a wash in your arsenal is beneficial for everyone.
Why Does a Pressure Washer Make The Car Clean
To begin with, the water itself copes well with pollution, and there is a good reason for this. The molecules have a small electrical polarity where one end is charged positively while the other is charged negatively. As such, they tend to be attracted to things.
Detergents like soap or chemicals make it easier for molecules to be broken down. But some types of pollution can not budge even when you try for how many times. Then the high-pressure apparatus will come to the rescue.
It usually uses a narrow stream, under high pressure of hot and cold water, to destroy the dirt structure. As water moves fast, it hits a dirty area with high kinetic energy, acting on dirt and dust, like thousands of tiny hammer blows.
Water destroys dirt, but this does not damage the hardest surfaces.
However, it is always recommended to check the jet in a safe area. That is why today, there are a new series of full control washing machines with a regulator of pressure depending on the surface. There are touch buttons on the handle with a designation of the surface, so now your surfaces are safe!
The higher the pressure inside the machine, the stronger the water that spouts from the hose, which means that dirt lags behind more easily. Set the pressure carefully, because water can break a fragile part of the car or glass, leaving dents. Manufacturers set the pressure at 150-170 bar, but 100 bar is enough to clean the vehicle.
If the dirt cannot be cleaned with a jet of water, get a special nozzle on the hose. It will help to wash tires, wheels, and remove the dirt accumulated in the cracks. You can use a mini-sink both outside and inside the cabin. If you use a turbo cutter, you will need a pressure of 160 bar.
It is not hard for one to know how to use a pressure washer to clean the car. You are only required to know what a pressure washer is and some of the basics. The tips above will help you on how to use a pressure washer for car cleaning.