A knife is an essential cutting tool for basic household, and so on. As a knife user, you might be concerned to know how to sharpen a knife with another knife is a common issue.
We use knives for a lot of individual purposes like in survival tasks and many more. Therefore, every kitchen contains a knife for cutting or chopping foodstuff and things.
As the only intent of a knife is to cut down something difficult with bare hands or other equipment. It is precisely essential for a knife to be sharp as a spike. Nonetheless, a dull knife is pretty much useless to utilize for anything at all.
So, how would you overcome this general issue about a dull knife in the most convenient way? That is to use another knife and sharpen it in the fastest, and simplest way of all.
How to Sharpen a Knife with Another Knife?- Easiest Basic Method with Steps
Knives are the handiest tool or a weapon for finishing all types of slicing, cutting, or stabbing. But if it is not completely sharp the then you cannot do any of the required tasks properly. Also, it will waste your time and energy while you are trying to cut something in vain.
However, it is quite common to have more than one knife in your workspace or the kitchen. So we will help you learn about how you can sharpen a knife with another knife.
Therefore, you do not need to get out to buy another pair of the knife, since you already have some knives in the kitchen drawer. Hence, let us get ahead and start to sharpen the knives on another knife.
Things We Need to Sharpen a knife in Another Knife – Necessary Materials
Although you already have knives near you, there is some equipment you’ll require for sharpening your dull knife perfectly.
In this regard, before you start off to get on the procedure and sharpen the knife. First, looks below and get the things that are needed and are essential. Well, you do not need to worry that much as the equipment is probably in your home.
- An Extra Knife Made Of Hard Steel – Heavy-Duty Tough Knife.
- A Table To Secure And Place The Knives To Perform The Process – Table With Sharp Edges.
- The Clamp To Lock The Position If The Other Extra Knife – Wooden Clamp.
So, now that you are really ready, you can go ahead to follow through the steps and sharpen your knife.
Step by Step Method to Sharpen a Knife with Another Knife – Simple Guidance
At this moment, you are just one way far from getting your dull knife properly sharpening. We are providing you with a flexible, fluent, yet more efficient method.
However, you must need to be careful, and cautious enough, as you will dealing with the knives. Then, keep this thought in your mind, and let’s get through the steps.
- First, take another extra knife and check up on it, whether it is made of hard steel or not.
- If another knife is heavy-duty and tough. Then go-ahead to start the next step. If the knife is not hard enough, you need to acquire the better one.
- Now, go to the table put the knives and the clamp on it. Take another knife and attach it to the clamp precisely.
- After that, set up the wooden clamp on the side edge of the table tightly. You can push and pull the clamp off the table to check if the set up is firm or not.
- On the other hand, if you get it difficult to assemble the clamp attached with a knife on the table. Then you can first set up the wooden clamp on the table edge. After that attach another knife to it.
- You need to make sure another knife that is attached to the clamp is in the upright position. Also, be sure that the sharp edge of the knife is in the top direction.
- Now take your dull knife, and hold it like you are going to flat some nuts by pressing with it. In simple words hold the knife at the 0 or 180 degrees flat angle.
- Afterward, slowly rub the dull knife’s one side edge on the top of the clamped knife. Now keep rubbing it in the roundabout way.
- Then repeat the same spine and rubbing method on the knife’s other dull side. This will straighten and percept the dull edges thoroughly.
- Lastly, when you think that the edges are quite sharper than before, you can stop this.
Well, you may see in the shows that chefs always polish their knives by rubbing each other in a passion. So, you also pretty much know how to sharpen your knife on another knife.
Can I Sharpen a Knife With The Household Items?
There are plenty of household items and equipment that you can utilize to sharpen a knife. However, the materials must be tougher than the knife itself to polish the dull part of the knife.
Will Sharpening The Knife Will Decay It?
To be precise sharpening a full knife means you are getting rid of a portion of steel from its edge. Then the polished edge will become sharp and make it useful so yes it decays the knife.
Is It Okay to Sharpen a Knife with Rock?
In the past, many of the knife users, sharpened the knife using a rock. The method of polishing the knife using a piece of rock is not very complicated as well.
Why My Meat Cutting Knife Became Dull?
In general, when we use a knife for a long time, the sharp edges gradually turn roundly. That way, the sharp knife turns out dull for overtime usage.
There is quite a plenty way for how to sharpen a knife with another knife. But most of the process requires long term labor, and sometimes it only worsens the dullness.
Therefore, we looked up here are there and tried up all the successful ways to sharpen a knife. Then we figured out the best way to sharpen a knife with another knife. So, we can acknowledge you to avail your exact and fluent way to sharpen knives.
I’m Lucas P King who has a passion, product reviewers, and blogger. However, My Home Gears Blog is created with the objective of sharing comprehensive and in-detailed information to the people on how to get their day to day work done at home through gear available in the market. We do proper research on the products before sharing more details with you on how to use them. Hence, you will be able to go through the recommendations that we share through our blog and make an informed decision to make your life easy in getting things done at home through the assistance of home gear and other equipment available.