Helpful Carpet Cleaning Tips Everyone Needs to know whether you have a new carpet or an old one, it is vital to take good care of it. Your carpet will only serve you for a long time if you take care of it. I am going to share some useful carpet cleaning tips to help you clean it like a professional and ensure it always remains clean and in mint condition.
1. Use a Spot Treatment Solution Besides Carpet Cleaning Tips:
One of the most annoying things that most homeowners. I myself included, do not like to handle is tough stains on the carpet. It does not matter how careful you are; you can never avoid large stains and spills, especially if you have pets or kids in your house.
Accidents are also common. That is why it is paramount to know how to clean your carpet the second there is a spill.
Spot treatment solution works in situations where soap and water have failed to remove tough stains on the carpet. Various kinds of carpet cleaners are available at the stores. But if you want to clean your carpet naturally, consider the following items:
• Pour a handful of shaving cream on the surface of the stain and leave it there for about thirty minutes before you scrub and blot the surface gently with a small brush. Before starting to insert the brush in warm water to make it damp.
Slowing, move the brush back and forth until the stain disappears.
Club Soda or Baking Soda with Vinegar
• Mix a cup of vinegar and baking soda and apply the solution on the stained carpet. Leave the solution for 15 minutes to allow it to soak into the stain. Then, scrub the carpet gently until all the stained is wholly removed.
2. Vacuum Regularly
Your carpet collects dirt and dust more than you can ever imagine. What you also don’t know is that dust and dirt wear your carpet fibers; this is according to My Maid Service’ owner, Derek Christian, who is also a certified carpet cleaning expert.
Christian advises that carpet owners should vacuum clean their carpets at least once a week, especially in areas with high-traffic, such as toward the front of the house and entries. This will make sure your carpet serves you for a long time.
Replace your Vacuum’s Bags and Filters Often
• To ensure your vacuum cleaner remains efficient, you should empty the bags and filters often and replace them when necessary; otherwise, the suction will become obsolete if it is clogged.
• Another problem that you have to deal with when using a vacuum cleaner is the smell. If the filter is clogged and blocked and has to be cleaned or changed, it will not absorb odors from the carpet.
3.Deep Carpet Cleaning Tips:
Deep Clean A Couple of Times A YearYour carpet will still require a deep clean to restore it regardless of the number of times you clean it. I recommend that you rent or purchase a carpet cleaner to do the job. Carpet cleaning shampoos are mixed with water.
Deep clean your carpet a few times until it is thoroughly clean and then vacuum it. If the carpet remains damp even after using the cleaner, use white cloths or paper towels to remove the remaining water, otherwise, it could provide a perfect environment for mold to thrive, and you do not want that, don’t you?
Purchase Area Rugs and Door Mats
Numerous techniques can help protect your perfect. I usually advise my readers to consider preventative methods before anything else. Consider doormats and area rugs in your home. Here is why:
Doormats are highly effective at collecting dirt and dust. Place your doormats out on the back and front porches. This will allow any person that enters your house a chance to wipe off their shoes prior to entering your house and step on your esteemed carpet.
Hallway Runners and Area Rugs
The market offers different kinds of rugs that you can use to protect your carpet. Purchase several rugs and place them in the areas you often hang out in, as well as hallway runners of the house.
By using these rugs, you can add a protective feature that will prevent dirt and dust from finding their way into your carpet.