You want to enjoy that spa-like feel each time you step foot into your shower. The best rain shower heads with handheld will deliver that trickling waterfall, high-pressure settings, and variable speed settings that you can set, for a more intense, or more tranquil/serene setting.
Whether it’s been a long day at work and you need to unwind with a soothing waterfall, or you’re looking for a powerful jet-stream setting to help with tension that won’t go away in your shoulders and neck, there’s a rain shower head perfectly suited for your home.
The best shower heads with handheld are going to deliver high quality, precise, and steady water flow options, to help you unwind, relax, or destress after a tough day at work. Stainless steel finishes, handheld wands, a large 12-inch square setting, which allows you to set a soft trickle to mimic rainfall, are a few of the many settings you can choose from with the best rain shower heads available today.
Let’s delve into some of the best systems available today. Whether you’re on a tight budget, or just looking for high-end, high-quality finishes, and multiple water pressure settings to relax and unwind, there are numerous great shower heads for you to choose from. Here we’ll cover a few of the very best for your consideration.
What is a Rain Shower Head?
A rain shower heads are common for these heads to be at least 8 to 12-inches in size, and rectangular or square. Unlike a traditional shower head that produces steady streams of water/spray, rain shower heads mimic rainfall. It’s meant to flow water down from atop your head, similar to how rain falls when you’re outside and get stuck in a rainstorm (hence the name).
What else sets these showerheads apart? Some additional features/characteristics of rain shower heads include
- They’re often installed onto the ceiling in the bathroom
- The oversized design gives off an ambiance of tranquility and calming
- They have different waterfall settings/speeds
- They feature adjustable pressure settings
Of course, all rain shower heads are different, but these are some common characteristics of many of the best product features.
Top 10 Best Rain Shower Heads With Handheld Reviews
Now that you have a clearer understanding of the design, usability, and overall appeal of the rain shower head, what’s the best product for your home? Let’s consider these models when you’re looking for the best rain shower heads with handheld to install in your bathroom.
1.DreamSpa Ultra-Luxury 9” Rainfall Shower Head
The DreamSpa luxury 9-inch square shower head features a combo system, with a wall-mounted shower and a handheld system. With push-button control, users can easily change water pressure settings and water flow direction, for an alluring, invigorating shower experience. There’s no dial to turn, just grab the handheld system, to control the water flow and direction for the spa-like retreat you’re looking for in your own home.
This showerhead features an extra-large 9-inch square finish for shoulder-to-shoulder water coverage. The rub-clean jets also help prevent calcium buildup, and make it easy to keep your shower head clean; there’s an angle-adjustable, solid brass ball-joint nut, guaranteeing leak-free showering, and allowing you to easily adjust the direction from which water flows from above head.
Several great features distinguish this Ultra-Luxury showerhead apart from others including
- The premium, all-chrome finishes are sturdy and rust-resistant
- The handheld system allows you to maintain control and direction of water flow, and simply placing the handheld system back in its bracket, will reactivate the overhead system
- The revolutionary push-button control allows for one-hand operation with your new rain shower head
- You can choose from high-pressure, aeration massage, and luxurious waterfall settings
- The showerhead also includes a lifetime warranty and a 100% satisfaction guarantee with your purchase
What are some of the complaints customers have highlighted on Amazon? These include
- The rubber seals are cheap and the chrome finish may begin to peel after several months of use
- The rubber nozzles give out, which causes water to spray/leak from the edges and sides of the handheld system
- The extension and hose for the handheld system are plastic, so mold can form and it’s not as high-quality as the chrome finishes seen throughout the rest of the rain shower system
2.SparkPod Shower Head
For under $30, can you buy a luxurious, rain shower head? Yes! This system is around, wall-mounted design featuring jet-out, high-pressure settings of hot water. Your entire body is quickly doused under a hot mist, for ultimate relaxation, and helps you alleviate stress, strain, and tension after a long day at work.
Easy, the tool-free installation makes it quick for you to mount your new shower head in a matter of minutes, and you receive a bonus (free) Teflon tape water filter, to help with fitting the new shower head into your bathroom.
Some key selling points for this new, affordable showerhead includes
- The SparkPod includes a 30-day money-back guarantee, if you aren’t happy for any reason you can return it
- The self-cleaning nozzles ensure low maintenance and easy upkeep with this shower system
- Touch-clean, silicone nozzles don’t clog, buildup, or result in mold formation around the shower system
- A brass-swivel joint allows you to easily move the showerhead once installed, to control water direction and flow from all angles
There are some drawbacks worth mentioning with this system including
- Lower-quality material finishes, including aluminum rather than stainless-steel design throughout
- The showerhead itself is 6 inches in diameter, which is smaller than other, higher-priced models
- Some customers claim that at lower pressure settings, water trickles very lightly and cold water, rather than hot water, is emitted
3. Signature Hardware Rain Shower Head
A third option in the list of the best shower heads is the Signature Hardware 12” system. It’s available in both a chrome finish and oil-rubbed bronze finish, for those who prefer a high-end, quality look in their bathroom. It’s constructed of brass, meaning the showerhead is durable, dependable, and isn’t going to crack under pressure. It’s a single-function showerhead, with an above-head installation system, allowing you to take in a calming, low-pressure shower, at the end of a hard day.
Some features which distinguish this shower head from others on the list include
- The brass material finish is higher-end, and better quality than chrome (there’s a more affordable chrome finish option as well)
- The large, round, 12-inch design allows for multiple water pressure and jet settings for a calming, invigorating shower
- It’s designed for quick and easy installation, to fit U.S plumbing fixtures in the home
- The 12-inch diameter isn’t overwhelming in size, yet it is easily discernible from a traditional, wall-mounted shower system
There are some drawbacks to choosing this showerhead which includes
- It features a fixed design, meaning you can’t adjust the tilt or directional water flow when showering below this rain shower
- It’s a higher-end model, and although the quality is superior, it’s higher in price than other systems on the list
Apart from the higher price, and inability to tilt the showerhead, there aren’t many issues consumers note with this system. The high-quality materials make it one of the best rain shower heads with handheld available. If you’re looking for an investment that’ll last for years, look no further!
4.12 Inches Square Rain Shower Head
Large, sturdy, and impactful, doesn’t necessarily mean overly priced. With this 12-inch square, rain shower head system, you get full control of your showering experience, including every aspect down to the directional tilt of the above-head shower system and water flow/pressure settings. The stainless-steel, 304-chrome finish is plated, so it doesn’t stand up as well as a non-coated shower head. But, for the price, you really can’t ask for much better quality and control than this system delivers.
Some of the great features you’re bound to appreciate include
- The large, 12-inch stainless-steel system delivers full-body coverage from above-head while showering
- It’s corrosion-resistant and features an adjustable extension arm which is made from durable brass (the design allows you to pull the showerhead further away from the wall or closer to the ceiling for lower pressure settings)
- Simply screw the showerhead into place, you don’t need any tools to set it up in the bathroom
- Ultra-thin, air technologies result in strong, high-pressure water flow and a powerful rain shower system; you’ll never have to worry about low trickle or no water flowing from the shower
- It features self-cleaning, silicone nozzles, to prevent clogging and calcium build up in your shower over time
There are a few inconsistencies with this system worth highlighting. These issues include
- The extension arm might require some modification to fully support the showerhead in some bathrooms
- Some owners complain the extension arm doesn’t move far enough away from the wall to deliver high jet pressure settings
- Some customers also complain that the quality is cheaper than other products and that it leaks from the attachments, reducing water waste
5. SR Sun Rise SRSH-F5043 Shower Head
If you’re searching for rain shower heads with handheld, look no further. Although this model comes in at a higher price point, at just under $200, the quality is far superior to some other models we’ve highlighted here. You can instantly spot the difference in design, quality, and construction. This showerhead system is heavy, includes a lifetime warranty, and 5-year coverage on certain replacement parts if they fail. With extended coverage, you know you’re getting the very best quality and construction.
Some great characteristics of this rain shower system include
- You’ll receive a 10-inch, 304 stainless-steel, extra-large 15-inch showerhead
- The solid brass shower arm is concealed during the installation, resulting in a smooth finish and elegant design once the new shower system’s in place
- It includes both an overhead system as well as a handheld shower system with push-button control
- The ten-layer chrome-plated finish prevents corrosion resistance and guarantees durability for years to come
- The shower hose is also stainless steel (not plastic) so you know the water pressure won’t decline and water temperature won’t drop mid-shower
- The pressure balance valve system prevents water temperatures from dipping too low while you’re showering, to ensure the highest levels of comfort and enjoyment with your rain system
Some of the primary drawbacks customers complain of with this model include
- The system might develop a slow leak when turned off if there are issues with plumbing or connections in your bathroom
- The rainfall shower system continues to drip for a long time after you turn it off (water waste)
- Replacement valves are only available in China; so, although they’re covered, high shipping costs might ensue, and if it’s beyond five years, you’re paying the full price for replacement parts
6. SR Sun Rise 12-Inch Rain Shower Head
For those who are looking for a more affordable variety from SR Sun Rise, this 12-inch shower head is reasonably priced at just under $55. There is a 10-inch and 12-inch square size setting available, and the showerhead utilizes a standard G-1/2 thread shower head connection system, guaranteeing quick and easy installation after purchase. The easy wall-mount system allows you to quickly screw on the shower head without needing any tools to get the job done.
Some great selling points consumers will appreciate, apart from the affordable price include
- High-quality 304 stainless-steel brushed finish throughout
- Air energy technology guarantees powerful stream and consistency, even at lower pressure settings
- The wall-mount system is covered by a 5-year warranty
- The 12-inch showerhead offers full-body coverage from above head
- The silicone gel nozzles help prevent buildup and limescale and make it easy to brush the showerhead clean with your fingers
Some of the primary drawbacks customers note regarding this showerhead include
- Some customers indicate the performance isn’t great, and that it’s coated in stainless steel (not 100% stainless steel throughout)
- The showerhead is made in China, and customers claim the materials are of lower quality than U.S-made products
- Another reviewer indicates that their shower head began corroding internally after only a couple of weeks of use
7. Depras 16-Inch Square Rain Shower Head
The Depras 16-inch showerhead features full-body coverage and has a total of 324 soft silicone gel nozzles helping prevent the accumulation of lime buildup. It resists oxidation well due to air-flow technologies, and the ceiling-mounted shower head is quick and easy to install, in under 10 minutes, without requiring any tools for you to install it into the bathroom.
Some key selling points customers will appreciate with this rain shower system include
- The large 16-inch size is larger and more luxurious than the most lavish spa you’ve ever visited
- 1/2-Threads are easy to install and require no tools for you to put the showerhead to work in no time at all
- Air technology delivers powerful water pressure and consistent power, even on the lowest settings
- The brushed-nickel finish is corrosion resistant
- It comes with 5-replaceable nozzles and is backed by a 3-year limited warranty as well
There are some issues customers indicate through their reviews online including
- The showerhead is large and extremely heavy; it may require additional plumbing to install in some bathrooms
- The threads on the shower arm continually leak after installation
- The heavy head and multiple nozzles reduce air pressure; some reviewers claim the pressure settings are lackluster and worst than certain traditional shower systems
8.PurrfectZone Shower Faucets Sets
The beautiful luxury shower features a stainless-steel finish throughout and chrome-plated finishes, help prevent rust damage and corrosion in your bathroom. The mixing valve is quick and easy to install, and the showerhead drops warm droplets, for a luxurious, spa-like retreat directly from the comfort of your own home.
Some great features worth highlighting include
- The kit includes all parts and tools needed for installation and assembly; your new shower head system is ready to go in under 10 minutes
- It features a handheld system as well, made of brass with a 10-layer chrome finish to help prevent rusting and corrosion
- The large 12-inch square head delivers shoulder-to-shoulder coverage, helping you relax and unwind in the shower at all water pressure settings
- There are 144 spray nozzles that mimic the feel of a soft shower falling all over your body
- You receive a 100% satisfaction guarantee and can return the showerhead (no questions asked) if you aren’t happy with its quality or performance
There are a few drawbacks to highlight including
- Many customers who review this system claim that it leaks constantly and water keeps dripping long after you shut the showerhead system off
- The connection hose does feature a plastic finish, which isn’t as well-made as stainless steel or chrome-plated finishes
- Some claim that the plumbing/extensions don’t fit with their current plumbing systems, making it extremely difficult to install this system
9.AquaDance 7” Premium High-Pressure Rain Shower Head
This 7-inch showerhead features a three-way rainfall combo including both a fixed shower system and a handheld system, for the ultimate in luxury and relaxation. There are six settings you can choose from on the handheld system, which features a chrome-plated finish, similar to the wall-mounted showerhead.
Some of the best features customers will appreciate include
- The 7-inch rainfall system features a fully adjustable, tilting head, so you control water flow, pressure, and direction
- The handheld system offers up to six different settings and pressure adjustment levels to choose from
- The easy, tool-free connection makes installation a breeze, so you don’t have to hire a plumber to help
- It includes a U.S-based, limited lifetime warranty on all parts/assembly
- The rub-clean jets prevent lime and calcium buildup and make it easy to maintain the handheld and fixed water heads
Some of the drawbacks customers indicate in their reviews include
- The hose for the wand doesn’t have enough threads, which causes it to leak from the sides while in use
- It includes a seal tape, but it’s very thin and doesn’t do a great job in preventing leaks
- With the fixed shower head and handheld systems on, you can’t use all six of the settings on the handheld model
10.DreamSpa 3-Way 8-Setting Rainfall Shower Head
A final option when comparing the perfect rain shower heads with handheld is the DreamSpa 3-way, 8-setting rainfall system. This shower system features a handheld and fixed, wall-mounted round shower head, which is plated in chrome for superior quality and detail. There are seven settings on the handheld system including pulsating, hydro-mist, rain, power, mist, massage, and power savings.
What are some of the best selling points this shower system delivers? Some key features include
- The adjustable handheld settings are superior to other shower systems which only feature one or two adjustment options
- A 3-way diverter with an anti-swivel lock allows for full mobility and helps you maintain control of water direction and pressure when showering
- The 4-inch, chrome high face design ensures even, balanced water pressure
- You receive a lifetime warranty with the purchase of your new shower system
There are also a few issues customers indicated about this shower which include
- 2.5 GPM of water flow results in cold water and less powerful rain delivery than other shower systems
- The rubber seals break easily, causing water to shoot out of the sides
- The quality/finishes aren’t as high-end as other products, however, it does include a lifetime warranty
Things to Consider Before Choosing the Rain Shower Heads
When shopping for a new shower, and looking for the best rain shower heads with handheld, what should you look for? There are several factors you’ll want to consider before you purchase. Some important things you need to look into include
- The plumbing and whether you need to upgrade/downgrade plumbing before installing a new rainfall shower
- The size of the head and number of nozzles
- Whether it’s rust and corrosion resistant, and if you can clean the nozzles by hand (prevent lime and calcium buildup in the shower)
- The material finishes; when possible, choose all-stainless-steel construction and brass
- The size of the spray/base
- Whether you want something with a handheld shower and fixed system (or one or the other)
- How many settings you can choose from when showering
- How balanced the water flow/drop is
- If you have a warranty/full coverage
You need to make sure you know exactly what you’re purchasing for your bathroom. Ultimately, quality and precision should be more important than a lower price tag. But, you’re going to compare the prices of the best rainfall showers as well. These are some important characteristics you need to weigh when you’re shopping for your new rain shower.
How to Use Rain Shower Heads
How exactly do you use the rain shower once it’s installed in your bathroom, and is it the right system for your bathroom in the first place? When you’re deciding on a new shower, a rainfall shower is a great option if you’re looking for calming, tranquility, and full pressure control settings. There are a few varieties you can invest in which are
- Handheld (and wall, overhead, or ceiling mount)
- Ceiling mounted
Depending on which of these you choose to invest in, how you’ll use them will vary. An overhead system allows you to maintain full shoulder-to-shoulder coverage. You control the water pressure and temperature. Furthermore, you can control the amount and flow pressure with these showers. A wall-mounted system might not offer as much variation in pressure settings. Since the water’s coming directly from the source, it’s more powerful than an overhead shower.
You also have the combination varieties. These are walls, ceilings, or overhead, with the addition of a handheld system. These models typically allow you to use both the handheld and fixed system together; however, you might not have full functionality of the handheld wand when using both simultaneously. Most handheld wands will feature anywhere from 3 to 10 different power and water direction/flow settings. Depending on the type of water simulation you desire, you can easily adjust to suit your needs.
There’s no guesswork as to how you’ll use your new shower. It’s more of determining which model is best for your bathroom, based upon the water pressure, control, tilt/direction, and heat settings you want control of while showering. An overhead system affords you the most control, but they’re generally the most expensive as well.
What else should you consider as you’re deciding which new shower to purchase? If you’re looking for rain showerheads, these are some questions/answers you need to consider as you’re shopping.
Will these showers work in a regular 45-degree shower arm?
A: Yes and no; you can spray water and it’s a nice upgrade from traditional systems. However, if the shower isn’t angled properly (if 45-degrees isn’t enough) this will result in lower water pressure and poor performance issues over time.
How easy is it to replace a new shower arm?
A: In most cases, it’s fairly simple. The 1/2-thread is universal with most ceiling mounts, as well as wall-mount rainfall showers. So, as long as you have standard plumbing systems in place in your home, you probably won’t have to do much work to upgrade.
What if I don’t have enough height for a ceiling shower system?
A: You can look for an S-shaped shower arm or other design, which is suited to the shower you want to buy. This will allow you to adjust the direction/distance from the walls and ceilings, giving you more control while showering.
How do I find the best shower for me?
A: You’ll need to consider several variables; some things to consider are
- Water pressure
- Heat/temperature control
- Whether you want a wall or ceiling-mounted system
- Your budget
- Spray designs and settings, and so forth
No single system is ideal for every home; these are some characteristics you’ll weigh as you’re trying to find the right shower for your bathroom.
What are some advantages of a rainfall shower?
A: There are several. They offer greater flair and style than traditional showers, you get a relaxing, gentle shower experience, and you’re in full control of pressure and temperature settings. Additionally, there are several finishes, materials, and elegant upgrades you can choose from, which set these systems apart from traditional showerheads.
Additional Notes/Information: What Consumers Should Understand About the Best Shower Heads
It’s important to understand no two showers are the same. Even if you’re comparing two overhead models, there are different characteristics to look for. When the time comes to invest in a new shower you’ll want to
- Consider the design and material finishes
- Weight, water pressure settings, and usability
- Additional features
- Your budget
- Whether or not you want a hand wand as well as a fixed system
- How much plumbing work is necessary for installation
And, any additional factors which are important to you, should also be considered when deciding on the right new shower for your bathroom. Every homeowner will choose something different. These are some of the many important questions to ask, and relevant characteristics to weigh, when you’re trying to find the best rain shower heads for your home.
What’s the Best Shower Head for your Bathroom?
Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference! If you prefer lower pressure and trickling waterfalls, an overhead shower is the best option. If instead, you want more water pressure, heavier streams/flow, and control of temperatures, a wall-mounted system with a handheld wand, might be the superior choice for your bathroom.
No matter what you choose, it’s important to compare several rain shower heads before investing in one. These are some of the best systems available today, for a reasonable price point, which features a traditional plumbing setup for your home. No matter what characteristics are most important for you, as a consumer, these 10 showers deliver on various fronts and will help instantly improve the aesthetic appeal of your bathroom and the spa-like retreat feel you’re going for in the space.
So, which showerhead should you invest in when shopping for the best rain shower heads with handheld today? If you’re looking for the best quality, finish, and construction, regardless of price, the is a great buy! It features a lifetime warranty guaranteeing high-quality construction.
The shower system features both a handheld and overhead rainfall setting, and fully adjustable water pressure settings. The 12-inch finish, chrome-plated material, and stainless-steel body are extremely well-made in a highly competitive industry/niche. The shower hose is also stainless-steel, which sets it apart from other products, which feature a plastic hose.
I’m Lucas P King who has a passion, product reviewers, and blogger. However, My Home Gears Blog is created with the objective of sharing comprehensive and in-detailed information to the people on how to get their day to day work done at home through gear available in the market. We do proper research on the products before sharing more details with you on how to use them. Hence, you will be able to go through the recommendations that we share through our blog and make an informed decision to make your life easy in getting things done at home through the assistance of home gear and other equipment available.