Are you looking for the best paint roller to hide imperfections? You’ve landed on the right page. We prepared a list of the 5 best paint rollers for the right price, just for you.
But if you disagree with our list, then scroll down to see how to choose the best paint roller section. You’ll know how to identify the best paint rollers and which roller sleeves are best with different types of paints.
Beware if you see lumpy paints on the surface. Wipe these lumps off before it dries.
You can use a brush instead of paint rollers. But beware of those marks on the wall. And you can’t apply an even finish with a paintbrush. Besides, if you also want a brush, we’ve got a few paint roller kit set that comes with it. Let’s jump to the list and see for yourself.
Best Paint Roller to Hide Imperfections Reviews & Buyer's Guide
In A Hurry? Our Top Picks:
Though all of these perfect Paint Roller to Hide Imperfections are best in their own way. But if you don’t have enough time to read through the whole article, I’ve summarized these suggestions.
1.EVERSPROUT 7-to-19 Foot Paint Roller Kit - Wide 12-inch Roller Frame
2.Bates Paint Roller- Brush - 11 Piece Home Painting Supplies
3.Wagner SprayTech HomeRight PaintStick roller applicator - Home Tool for Painting Walls and Ceilings
4. Wagner 0530003 SMART Paint Roller - Auto Paint Roller
5.Pro Grade Paint Roller Cover set - Paint Roller Covers are for House
Now that we’ve seen the short and quick recommendations of the best paint roller, let’s go get on with the detailed reviews now.
1.EVERSPROUT Foot Paint Roller Kit
- Eversprout extension pole included ( 6.5 ft to 18 ft )
- 12- inch roller frame and 2 Poly-Woll Covers
- 3 stage adjustable aluminium extension pole
- Comfortable foam grip
- Up to 25 feet reach when standing
- 1- year warranty ( 1 tree will be planted with every purchase )
- Net weight: 4.64 lbs
- Material: Foam
- Size: 19 feet
- Squeegee type: swivel
It’d be cool if you could paint the first floor with a roller while standing. The Eversprout swivel paint roller kit lets you paint up to 25 feet higher. But what if it snaps in half? Don’t worry; the pole is made from aluminium. It’s sturdy enough to withstand the abrasion pressure from rolling and forces from gravity.
The Eversprout 7-to-19 foot paint roller kit comes with a lot of extra stuff. Let’s start with the two included paint roller covers. One for indoor(⅜”) and the other one is for outdoor (¾”).
The roller itself is 12″ wide. So you won’t have to dip more often, which is very efficient. I love that little twist handle touch. Makes it easier to paint in the corners.
Reasons to buy the Eversprout 7-to-19 foot paint roller kit.
- It’s a roller kit pack. So you’ll get a lot of included stuff like the extension pole from Eversprout, roller cover made of poly-wool, detachable roller frame handle, corner roller brush etc.
- You can paint the indoor and outdoor with this roller kit.
- It’s a great roller kit for painting higher spots.
- The three-stage adjustable extension pole lets you paint at different heights.
- That 12″ wide roller makes it easier to cover more surface for a few swipes.
- The roller kit is compatible with different types of best ceiling paint to hide imperfections such as oil, acrylic, water, and latex-based.
What are users saying about this Eversprout 7-to-19 foot paint roller kit?
Most of the people are happy with this best paint roller for a smooth finish kit. Because it delivers just as it advertised, it’s a robust, well-made product that will last a long time. People find it useful for its versatility. You can paint your floor, ceiling, walls, doors, roofs, etc. One of the best paint for walls with imperfections money can buy.
- It’s a versatile paint roller kit
- Lightweight and sturdy build quantity
- That poly-wool blend roller cover gives you a smooth and even finishing paint job
- The flip-Tab locking mechanism allows the twist-lock pole to work at any desirable hight
- Comfortable non-slip grip foam handle.
- Some customers complained about missing one or two things in the roller kit package. Hopefully, EverSprout will acknowledge this issue and prevent it from occurring.
2.Bates Paint Roller Paint Brush
- Holds more paint in the brush for its synthetic filament element
- The included paint Trey is durable and adds value to this paint roller set.
- You’ll get paint roller, naps, brushes, tray along with a few more things on this package deal.
- Net weight: 1.85 (including the package)
- Type: Paint tray set
- Material: foam
- Standard size
Whether you are a professional or beginner, the Bates Paint Roller is best for both. I’m thrilled that they included a black paint tray with the set. It saved me from buying one. And the quality of the tray is surprisingly good. Feels like it’ll hold its own for years to come.
I also noticed how the paint gets stuck and stays on the brush. I was curious until I read about the synthetic filament element in the roller—pretty creative manufacturing from Bates.
After unboxing, I picked up the wooden brush to check it’s quality. It felt useful and lightweight in hand. Even though it’s wood, but I can’t help but notice the comfort. On the other hand, the hard plastic rubberized roller handle was a joy to hold.
Reasons to Buy the Bates Paint Roller.
- You’ll notice the high-quality paint tray right away.
- Those ½ inch naps are excellent to complete an entire house project.
- You don’t have to be a perfectionist to get the best out of this paint roller.
What Do Users Think?
Most of the users are happy with all on one paint roller package deal. Especially the price to performance of this roller kit is unmatchable. If you want the best paint roller for a smooth finish, then grab this fantastic paint roller kit from Bates. You won’t regret the investment.
- It’s so easy to clean and reuse
- The roller handle is threaded to attach on an extended pole.
- Lightweight and comfortable to hold
- If you don’t wash the roller after latex paint, it might compromise the quality, and you could see fuzz from the roller coming off.
3.Wagner SprayTech HomeRight PaintStick EZ roller applicator
- 64-inch reach
- The twistable handle tube holds 18 Oz of paint
- Roller tray is not needed
- Simple end caps keep the perforated roller from causing sheds on your wall
- Replacement roller cover is available in perforated ¾” and ⅜” naps
- Net weight: 2.8 lbs ( including package)
- Manufacturer: HomeRight
- Colors available: Silver, Black and Blue
- Product dimensions: 9.25× 36× 3
- Warranty: click here
Are you tired of painting for hours? The Wagner SprayTech HomeRight PaintStick EZ has brought you a paint roller so fast; it can paint an 8’×8′ room in a minute. The roller sucks 18 Oz paint into its tube, so you don’t have to break your back to dip the brush over and over.
You will find the twistable handle real handy when rolling on some tricky corners. And the 64-inches reach enough to paint any standard size roof easily.
To refill paint, simply attach the fill tube into the paint bucket and pull in colour like a syringe. Let the paint reach and roller and then twist the handle to push an even amount of paint for a smooth finish.
Reasons to buy the Wagner SprayTech HomeRight PaintStick EZ-Twist.
- The roller cover’s fiber won’t fall off and stick with the wall.
- Less messy than the average paint roller
- Apart from the roof and wall, you can use this paint roller for stairways and hallways.
- The tube clip is universal. It’s compatible with any type of paint can and bucket.
What Do Users Think?
Most users are static for the speed and ease of use. Of course, some faced a few technical issues here and there. But majority users are happy with the Wagner SprayTech HomeRight PaintStick EZ-Twist. Truly the best paint roller for walls money could buy.
- The roller is easy to keep clean.
- You can push out the remaining paint and wash the tube with water.
- Warranty service is debatable.
- Colors may vary
4. Wagner 0530003 SMART Paint Roller
- Holds the paint into the roller handle
- You can store up to 22 Oz of paint in the roller handle
- A full chamber can paint up to 70 sq. ft.
- This roller doesn’t require a tray to work.
- Net weight: 3.04 lbs ( including the package)
- Inside the package, you’ll only have the roller
- Warranty: 1 year limited
The word smart is in the title of the Wagner Paint roller for several reasons. And the price tag is jaw-dropping, literally. Imagine painting an entire side of the room without dipping the roller into the paint bucket.
Thanks to the Wagner Paint roller, our constant dripping isn’t needed anymore. You simply need to place the fill tube into the paint bucket and press the SMART Roller fill valve button on the tube. Now draw the paint into the tube by pulling back the plunger. You’re good for another 70 square feet.
Reasons to buy the Wagner 0530003 SMART Paint Roller, 22 Oz.
- You can use it with latex paint as well as a mix of paint-and-primer.
- The pole can be extended up to 8 feet. Enough to paint the wall and the roof.
- The trigger is soft and responsive. So you won’t feel any finger fatigue.
What Do Users Think?
Most of the users find the Wagner smart paint roller is easy to use. It saved them a lot of time and effort. That pole extension helped to paint the roof without any ladder or stool.
It’s a smart roller. Most of its components need to be handled with care. So if you are not a clumsy person and looking for the best paint roller for ceilings, then go for it.
- Efficient and easy to use
- Easy to drain out unused paint
- Easy to clean
- The handle is ergonomic so that you won’t feel fatigued quickly.
- It’s a paint roller with a few complex mechanisms. So you can’t abuse it as a regular paint roller.
5.Pro Grade Paint Roller Cover set
- All-in-one 10-piece painting kit
- Excellent for painting ceilings, walls, staining floors, drywalls and decks
- Microfiber nap absorbent (½”)
- Net weight: 1.9 lbs ( including package )
- Microfiber material
- Manufacturer: Pro-Grade Supplies
- Warranty: Contact Seller
The Pro-Grade Paint Roller Cover set is simple yet effective. In my opinion, Pro Grade is the best paint roller because you can paint on any type of surface like ceiling, wall, stained floor, drywalls, deck and wood floor staining, etc.
The paint roller is also compatible with nearly all the paint types out there. You can use this roller with all kinds of gloss paint, flat, Matt and Matt enamel, satin, eggshell, and primer- based colors.
You can use this brush with different types of stains like varnish, water-based, gel, etc. There is a ½” microfiber roller cover nap that paints without leaving shades and lint.
Reasons to buy the Pro Grade best paint to cover imperfections Cover set.
- The paint roller kit is durable enough for its price.
- Suitable for both staining and painting.
- Easy to wash and reusable.
- A paint roller kit set capable of completing an entire house project.
What Do Users Think?
A simple and effective roller paint kit for those who know what they are doing. Also, the price to performance certainly tickles their pickles. And that included stuff is like icing on the cake. If you want to put on a sophisticated touch and design to your project, the Pro Grade Paint roller cover set is the best at a reasonable price.
- You can do some color accents
- Versatile usages
- Incredible value
- Durable and long-lasting
- The rubberised grip offers long-term comfortable use.
- Nothing fancy going on with this one of a kind Paint roller
Let's find Out How to Choose the Best Paint Roller to Hide Imperfections (A Complete Buyers Guide)
If you want your project to look vibrant and smooth, then you have to know how to pick up the perfect paint roller. Today hundreds of manufacturers are claiming their paint roller to be the best. Let’s find out how we can identify the best paint roller that is worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
Paint roller grip
A perfect and ergonomic grip is essential for a quality paint roller. Because you’ll be working long hours with it, and you can’t afford to have a paint roller that slips grip because of sweat, paint or water.
Roller frame with quality ball bearings
There are two types to roller frame cages available. One is a metal cage, and the other one is a hard plastic that stays secure into the handle.
The roller itself is mostly metal with a plastic cap supporting each side. But there is some paint roller that has all rigid plastic build design—an excellent way to reduce the price.
But metal roller works well because they have quality ball bearings that ensure smooth-rolling when you paint.
Make sure the handle is threaded.
If your chosen paint roller handle doesn’t feature the threaded handle, it’s not a deal-breaker. If it does have a threaded clip, then you can attach it with a pole to paint the ceiling.
Know everything about different types of sleeve covers
This is an essential part of the paint roller buyers guide. You have to choose the right sleeve cover for your roller based on the sleeve material and what type of surface you’ll be painting on.
Foam sleeve roller cover
The foam sleeve is suitable for floor paint finishing and undercoating.
The varnish is an essential finishing touch for your wooden products. This type of sleeve is specialized in applying the right amount of varnish. Varnish creates an extra layer of protection from water and UV while allows the paint to breathe and evaporate moistures.
Exclusive paint roller sleeve for creating a depth finishing touch.
Short nap sleeve
This type of sleeve is best for even paint finish. They are hard and don’t absorb as much paint as the regular naps.
Stipple effect sleeve
If you want to give a peaked and rough look to your project, this holed sleeve will provide you with that distinctive pattern.
Long nap paint roller sleeves
These sleeves are perfect for painting brick. They absorb a lot of paint and tend to drip. If you paint a smooth surface with a long nap sleeve, it’ll slip. That’s why it’s better suited for uneven and textured surfaces.
Roller sleeve materials
Roller sleeve is made from three types of material.
i.Natural naps: Gives you an even finish and suitable for all types of paint.
ii. Mixed Naps: These mixed fiber naps are good for solvent and oil-based paints.
iii. Synthetic naps: Synthetic nap works best with acrylic-based paints.
The paint roller price
The right price tag can make or break a product. The same goes with paint rollers. But in general, they are pretty cheap. But you may have to spend twice for a smart paint roller.
Is telescopic better?
Yes, they are a better choice but not a substitute for a standard-sized paint roller. A telescopic paint roller can be extended and grant you access to higher surfaces to paint on.
Before deciding on a telescopic roller, make sure it’s multi-stage adjustable. And the lock mechanism is applicable at any stage of the extending paint roller pole.
What is the right paint roller size for me?
It depends where you’re going to paint. Indoor or outdoor? Let’s say you’re going to paint some indoor furniture and windows. For this taka, a seven-inch paint roller is enough. But if you want to paint walls, ceilings, and outdoors, then don’t pick a paint roller below 12 inches.
Why does roller nap thickness matter?
Do you see a fiber-like material covering the metal roller? That’s called a nap. And you need to know which nap thickness is best for what tasks.
If your painting surface is smooth, then the ¼” nap is perfect. But for a textured surface, don’t go below or over ⅜” nap size. If the surface you’re going to paint is rigger then the ¾” nap is the best. But you can use ½” nap of the surface is less rough.
Should I pick a foam paint roller?
Foam rollers are great for thin paints like latex. So the answer is on your preferred project and paint type. If you’re doing a project that needs oil painting that foam paint roller isn’t a good option. Because it doesn’t work well with thick paint.
The foam roller isn’t suitable for rough surfaces. If you choose a foam roller for a rough surface, then you’ll see lap marks all over the surface. So don’t ruin your project. Know your roller before you start rolling.
Why is my paint roller sliding?
Don’t worry. It’s nothing serious. You just overloaded it with too much paint. The problem isn’t with the overloaded roller though. It’s the extra paint that drips on the wall and makes your roller slippery. So it slides instead of rolling.
How can I use my paint roller before replacing it?
An average paint roller has at least five life cycles. But some paint roller lasts even longer. You can destroy a paint roller after a single-use. It depends on how you maintain it afterward.
If you let the paint dry and stick on the roller, don’t expect a smooth finish for your next painting session. Just scrape off the paint and wash the roller with warm water and then dry it thoroughly before storing it. It’ll increase the paint rollers life cycles.
It’s hard to choose the best paint roller out of so many. We had to use a few ourselves and analyzed some quality paint roller reviews to make this product list. However, we picked the best paint roller to hide imperfections.
We also think you should know which paint roller sleeve works best with specific paint types. And don’t leave the paint roller soaked in paint after the end of a project. Paint rollers may be dirt cheap, but constant abuse will add more cost to your overall budget.
Before wrapping things up, If you are a beginner, then buy multiple paint rollers to hone your skills. At least get a standard paint roller kit and a telescopic type extended roller kit. Let’s paint to perfection.
I’m Lucas P King who has a passion, product reviewers, and blogger. However, My Home Gears Blog is created with the objective of sharing comprehensive and in-detailed information to the people on how to get their day to day work done at home through gear available in the market. We do proper research on the products before sharing more details with you on how to use them. Hence, you will be able to go through the recommendations that we share through our blog and make an informed decision to make your life easy in getting things done at home through the assistance of home gear and other equipment available.