There are two different kinds of people in the world: those who prefer shower curtains and those who like Best Glass shower doors. It is fair to say that the former people have it easy. Shower curtains hardly get dirty, and even if they do, it is quite easy to get rid of them. All you have to do is remove the old curtains and hang new ones.
That is not the case with glass shower doors. While people may find shower curtains easy to manage, there is no denying that a lot of people like glass shower doors as well. There is a reason why the glass industry has become a $27 million industry.
The thing about Best Glass Shower Doors, however, is they get dirty a lot, and cleaning them can be really exhausting. This is especially true for people who don’t get a lot of free time. And even if they do, they would rather spend their free time doing something other than cleaning their glass shower door.
Having a clean glass has a lot of benefits, the biggest one being that bathroom upgrades have a great average rate of return when you are selling your house. 65.7 percent, to be precise.
Before I go into the process of how to clean a glass shower doors easily, I am going to tell you the supplies you are going to need to do it, and they are:
• Two buckets
• Old toothbrush
• Rags/old towels
• Magic eraser
• An empty spray bottle
• White vinegar
Now that I have told you about the supplies you will need, let’s discuss step by step how to clean the Best glass shower doors:
1. First of all, you need to wear old clothes. In case the clothes get dirty, which they will, it is better that you use old ones.
2. Arrange a bucket with a cleaner in it and then place it inside the shower
3. Fill the second bucket with clean water.
4. Remember to keep the windows and doors of the bathroom open so the air can circulate properly. If you are using bleach, its stench can be dangerous.
5. Put on gloves so that your hands are protected at all times.
6. Now put some of that white vinegar or bleach in the empty spray bottle.
7. Use the spray bottle to spray on mold or mildew. Let it be while you clean the rest of the shower door.
8. Go inside the shower
9. Now mix the magic eraser in the water and start scrubbing the inside of the doors.
10. Keep doing this until all the soap scum has vanished.
11. White vinegar can also be used in place of the magic eraser.
12. Rinse the door with clean water and make sure to remove any excess water with the help of a squeegee.
13. Now step out of the shower and perform the same task outside.
14. For the handles, use the vinegar and a cloth.
15. If you have a shower track, use the toothbrush to scrub it. The mold and mildew should have softened by now. Keep doing this until the track is clean.
16. Finally, rinse it with clean water and dry it with a dry cloth/rag.
Just cleaning the Best glass shower doors is not enough since it is bound to get dirty after every few days. That is why I suggest the following tips below to make sure they are consistently clean:
• Whenever you are choosing a shower squeegee for your bathroom, I would recommend choosing a coating that will protect the glass from hard water and soap. It all depends on the company you are buying it from, but chances are they will have a coating. I am recommending it because, with a coating, you will not need to clean it more often.
• Typically, a shower glass door installer comes with a squeegee. You can use it to clear the water and soap stains, even if your shower door does not contain a coating. When you use a squeegee every day, it will keep the glass clean. At first, it may seem like a burden, but once you make a habit of it and tell everyone in your house to do the same, it will not seem difficult at all.
• Although vinegar and water should do the trick, even if they don’t, I suggest going to your nearest grocery store and buying a glass cleaner for tough stains. It is better that you consult with your glass shower door company. They will let you know which commercial cleaners are the best for you. The ideal glass cleaner should have a pH of seven to eight.
I’m Lucas P King who has a passion, product reviewers, and blogger. However, My Home Gears Blog is created with the objective of sharing comprehensive and in-detailed information to the people on how to get their day to day work done at home through gear available in the market. We do proper research on the products before sharing more details with you on how to use them. Hence, you will be able to go through the recommendations that we share through our blog and make an informed decision to make your life easy in getting things done at home through the assistance of home gear and other equipment available.